Event: The U.S. Embassy wishes to inform U.S. citizens that space is available on two relief flights arranged by the Canadian High Commission in Guyana.
Flight Number WS 3923 will depart from Cheddi Jagan International Airport (GEO) to the Toronto-Pearson International Airport (YYZ) on Friday, 24 April, 2020 at 15:30
The cost of this flight is approximately 1,167 CAD–about $832 USD
More info is available on the Canadian High Commission FB: https://www.facebook.com/pg/CanadainGuyanaandSuriname/posts/
If you are interested in this flight, you can book directly at www.westjet.com for the flight to Toronto, and then book a separate flight to your onward destination in the United States.
You may have to stay one night at a hotel in Canada, in order to take a flight to the United States the next day. Airlines are offering limited service to U.S. destinations, including New York. It may be also possible to drive to your destination.
After you book your tickets, email your confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will notify the Canadian High Commission to place you on the authorized boarding list to enter Cheddi Jagan Airport for the Canadian emergency flight.
U.S. legal permanent residents may also transit Canada with an approved Canadian visa or Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization. U.S. Legal Permanent Residents must register with eTA online. It costs $7 CAD to get an eTA online and only takes a few minutes to apply. Approved eTAs are valid for up to five years.
You can reach us at the email box: email@example.com to request assistance with emergency passports or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have special financial concerns with the cost of repatriation. If you wish to express interest in any future relief flight that should become available, please complete this online form (copy hyperlink and open in Chrome browser).
The U.S. Embassy in Guyana regularly updates the COVID-19 country specific information sheet you can find here.
The ongoing COVID-19 outbreak is having significant impact on travel around the globe. The World Health Organization has reported seven coronavirus cases in Guyana to date. See the Guyana Ministry of Health guidance for additional information on the latest measures in Guyana.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms or believe you have been exposed to the virus and contact the Guyana Ministry of Health at 227-4986/624-3067.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Georgetown, Guyana +(592) 225-4900 (24 hours)
- ACSGeorge@state.gov, U.S. Embassy web page
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 202-501-4444
- Guyana Country Information Page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook