The Guyana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) approved two weekly repatriation flights to operate throughout August until October departing from Georgetown (CJIA) to New York and Miami. Next week’s flights are as follows:
Tuesday, 25 August: Georgetown to New York (Departing 14:55 Arriving 20:40)
Wednesday, 26 August: Georgetown to Miami (Departing 16:15 Arriving 20:45)
A similar weekly flight schedule would continue in September and October.
U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, and third country nationals with a valid visa or ESTA will be eligible to purchase tickets directly from the Eastern airlines website. www.goeasternair.com. The Embassy will also continue to post updated health, security and travel information through this travel alert system and on the U.S. Embassy Facebook page. You can reach us at the email box: email@example.com to request assistance with emergency passports or if you are a U.S. citizen with special financial concerns with the cost of repatriation. The U.S. Embassy in Guyana regularly updates the COVID-19 country specific information sheet you can find here.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Georgetown, Guyana +(592) 225-4900 (24 hours)
- ACSGeorge@state.gov, U.S. Embassy web page
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 202-501-4444
- Guyana Country Information Page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook