While travel restrictions continue at Guyana’s airports https://www.gcaa-gy.org/airport-closure-2020.html, Guyanese authorities have approved additional commercial relief flights to the United States on August 28 and 29.
U.S. citizens, U.S. legal permanent residents, and U.S. visa/ESTA holders may purchase tickets on these flights directly from Eastern Airlines at www.goeasternair.com. Eastern Airlines also plans a regular flight schedule for September and October with flights each Tuesday (GEO to JFK) and Wednesday (GEO to MIA).
Upcoming flights to the United States include:
Friday, August 28
Eastern Airlines Flight 231 Departs GEO at 2:55 pm. Arrives JFK at 8:40 pm.
Saturday, August 29
Eastern Airlines Flight 181 Departs GEO at 4:15 pm. Arrives MIA at 4:15 pm.
Actions to Take:
- Check our COVID-19 Guyana-specific information sheet here.
- Consult the CDC’s latest recommendationsfor travelers.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms or believe you have been exposed to the virus and contact the Guyana Ministry of Health at 227-4986/624-3067.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website for the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S.Embassy Georgetown, Guyana +(592) 225-4900 (24 hours)
- ACSGeorge@state.gov, S.Embassy web page
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 202-501-4444
- Guyana Country Information Page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Followus on Twitter and Facebook