The U.S. Embassy in Georgetown, Guyana has opened more appointments for American citizen consular services as we follow the Department of State’s “Diplomacy Strong” phased approach to resuming operations while observing public health guidelines.
You may schedule an appointment for American Citizen Services through our website https://gy.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/citizenship-services/appointments. You must wear a cloth face covering and comply with social distancing during your appointment. Please arrive at the embassy 15 minutes prior to your appointment. No walk-in customers are accepted. As we continue to prioritize American Citizen Services, we are not yet able to resume routine visa services at this time.
If you received an automated message from the American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit informing you that your passport, federal benefits document or Consular Report of Birth Abroad is ready for pickup, please confirm with our ACS unit via email at ACSGeorge@state.gov or via phone at 600-2017 to confirm a pick up date and time before traveling to the consular section.
We are aware of the hardship land and airspace border closures are creating for U.S. citizens who need to get to the United States. If you have not done so, please enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at www.step.travel.gov, so the U.S. Embassy can contact you with updated information and in an emergency. Eastern Airlines is working with the Government of Guyana to request additional commercial relief flights in August while Guyanese airspace remains closed to routine air traffic. You can monitor www.goeasternair.com for further details on relief flights.
The American Citizen Services Unit is unable to respond to visa inquiries. You may visit our Visa Section for visa-related information.
Actions to Take:
- The U.S. Embassy in Guyana regularly updates the COVID-19 country specific information sheet you can find here.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms or believe you have been exposed to the virus and contact the Guyana Ministry of Health at 227-4986/624-3067.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Georgetown, Guyana +(592) 225-4900 (24 hours)
- ACSGeorge@state.gov, U.S. Embassy web page
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 202-501-4444
- Guyana Country Information Page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook