U.S. Embassy Georgetown, Guyana
July 17, 2020
Commercial Flights available on July 28 (JFK) and July 29 (MIA)
The Guyana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) has extended the closure of Guyanese airspace to all international arrivals from June 22 to August 1, 2020.
The U.S. Embassy was informed by Eastern Airlines that they received permission from the (GCAA) to operate two commercial flights to New York and Miami.
Tuesday July 28, 2020 – GEO – JFK
EAL Flight #231 Depart GEO 14:30 local time
Wednesday July 29, 2020 – GEO – MIAMI
EAL Flight #181 Depart GEO 16:15 local time
Please contact Eastern Airlines directly for seat availability, reservations, and pricing information. The flights are open to any U.S. citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, or valid visa or ESTA holder wishing to travel to or transit via the United States.
The Embassy will also continue to post updated health, security and travel information through this travel alert system and on the U.S. Embassy Facebook page.
You can reach us at the email box: email@example.com to request assistance with emergency passports or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a U.S. citizen with special financial concerns with the cost of repatriation.
The U.S. Embassy in Guyana regularly updates the COVID-19 country specific information sheet available on our website.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms or believe you have been exposed to the virus and contact the Guyana Ministry of Health at 227-4986/624-3067.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Georgetown, Guyana +(592) 225-4900 (24 hours)
- ACSGeorge@state.gov, U.S. Embassy web page
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 202-501-4444
- Guyana Country Information Page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook