Applications are invited for the 2020 Youth Ambassadors program with the Caribbean. Apply here!
The Youth Ambassadors Program with the Caribbean is a 3-week cultural and leadership exchange in the United States of America for teenagers ages 15-18 years and adult mentors from the Caribbean. The program provides participants with the opportunity to take part in cultural and educational programming focused on civic engagement and social entrepreneurship.
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, the program aims to develop a cadre of young adults throughout the Americas who have a strong sense of civic responsibility, a commitment to their communities, an awareness of current and global issues, and strong interpersonal leadership skills. The program aims to promote mutual understanding, respect, and collaboration between people in the United States and other countries of the Western Hemisphere.
Participants will engage in workshops, community service activities, team building exercises, meetings with community leaders, and home stays with American families. Upon their return to their home countries, the students apply what they have learned to implement projects that serve needs in their communities. Find out more about the program here.
The application period opens on February 3, 2020 and closes on March 6, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
Program Length: 3 weeks
Eligibility and Application Overview
All youth participants must:
- Be a citizen and resident of Guyana
- Be between the ages of 15-18 at the start of summer 2020
- Have at least one semester of school remaining after program participation
- Demonstrate leadership potential and community involvement
- Be enrolled in a public secondary school (private school students are ineligible)
- Limited U.S. and other international travel
All adult mentor applicants must:
- Be a citizen and resident of the country they are applying to represent
- Actively be working with youth in either a high school or community setting
For further information please email: email@example.com