The Government of Guyana has announced that COVID-19 emergency measures are extended, and airports will remain closed to international passenger flights until June 3rd, except by special authorization. As such, the U.S. Embassy in Guyana requested and received special authorization for a commercial relief flight TODAY Monday, May 4th operated by Eastern Airlines, departing at 16:30 from Cheddi Jagan International Airport with direct service to Miami International Airport. U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, and third country nationals with a valid visa or ESTA for transit are eligible to purchase tickets directly from the Eastern website. www.goeasternair.com. If you are not prepared to shelter in place for the next month, we strongly encourage you to take this flight. Tickets are still available.
For flight updates, we will notify those who registered with us via our online form (copy hyperlink and open in Chrome browser).
You can reach us at the email box: email@example.com to request assistance with emergency passports or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a U.S. citizen with special financial concerns with the cost of repatriation.
The U.S. Embassy in Guyana regularly updates the COVID-19 country specific information sheet you can find here.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms or believe you have been exposed to the virus and contact the Guyana Ministry of Health at 227-4986/624-3067.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Georgetown, Guyana +(592) 225-4900 (24 hours)
- ACSGeorge@state.gov, S. Embassy web page
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 202-501-4444
- Guyana Country Information Page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook