Eastern airlines is taking reservations on the airline website for direct booking for a commercial relief flight departing on Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 16:30 from Georgetown to Miami. Any last minute changes will be posted through the travel alert system and on the U.S. Embassy Facebook page, U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to take this flight or prepare to shelter in place indefinitely.
For those US citizens who already completed the online form (copy hyperlink and open in Chrome browser) you will still need to purchase a ticket via the commercial website unless instructed otherwise. If you do not receive a purchase confirmation email from Eastern airlines, then you do not have a seat on the flight.
Please do not travel if you have COVID-19 symptoms; follow Guyana’s Ministry of Health guidance identified below. Travelers should be mindful that while Miami International Airport is still open it has limited services.
Once you have reached your final destination in the United States, the CDC is recommending international travelers stay home and monitor their health for a period of 14 days. The state of your home destination may have even more specific directives.
The U.S. Embassy in Guyana has updated the COVID-19 country specific information sheet you can find here.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms or believe you have been exposed to the virus and contact the Guyana Ministry of Health at 227-4986/624-3067.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Georgetown, Guyana +(592) 225-4900 (24 hours)
- ACSGeorge@state.gov, S. Embassy web page
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 202-501-4444
- Guyana Country Information Page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook