The U.S. Embassy has learned that two commercial flights have been confirmed this week departing from Georgetown (CJIA):
Wednesday, 5 August: Georgetown to New York (2:30 pm-8:15 pm)
Thursday, 6 August: Georgetown to Miami (4:15 pm-8:15 pm)
U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, and third country nationals with a valid visa or ESTA for transit will be eligible to purchase tickets directly from the Eastern website. www.goeasternair.com.
You can reach us at the email box: firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance with emergency passports or if you are a U.S. citizen with special financial concerns with the cost of repatriation.
The U.S. Embassy in Guyana regularly updates the COVID-19 country specific information sheet you can find here.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms or believe you have been exposed to the virus and contact the Guyana Ministry of Health at 227-4986/624-3067.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Georgetown, Guyana +(592) 225-4900 (24 hours)
- ACSGeorge@state.gov, U.S. Embassy web page
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 202-501-4444
- Guyana Country Information Page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook