The U.S. Embassy was informed by Eastern Airlines that they received permission from the Guyanese Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) to operate two commercial flights this week to New York and Miami. Please contact Eastern Airlines directly for seat availability, reservations, and pricing information.
6/16/20 Georgetown (GEO) – New York (JFK)
6/17/20 Georgetown (GEO) – Miami (MIA)
The GCAA also announced a phased plan for a gradual reopening of its airspace from July 1st with a controlled number of flights coming into country.
For future flight updates, we will notify those who registered with us via our online form (copy hyperlink and open in Chrome browser).
You can reach us at the email box: email@example.com to request assistance with emergency passports or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a U.S. citizen with special financial concerns with the cost of repatriation.
The U.S. Embassy in Guyana regularly updates the COVID-19 country specific information sheet available on our website.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms or believe you have been exposed to the virus and contact the Guyana Ministry of Health at 227-4986/624-3067.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Georgetown, Guyana +(592) 225-4900 (24 hours)
- ACSGeorge@state.gov, U.S. Embassy web page
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 202-501-4444
- Guyana Country Information Page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook