Common Questions on the Visa Document Courier Service
The U.S. Embassy in Guyana has re-introduced visa document delivery via DHL courier service. Courier services has been implemented at U.S Embassies worldwide as part of the Global Support Strategy for Visa Services. Visa applicants will benefit from the flexibility the service offers by being able to uplift documents at days and times that are convenient to them.
Q: How and when do I get my passport/visa back after the application is processed?
A: The processing time of the visa application and the printing of an approved U.S. visa varies in duration for each individual applicant. After attending the visa interview, you may track the status of your visa application at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC.
The tracking of your document return will begin when the Embassy passes the documents to the courier. You will get an email alerting you when the shipping number has been assigned to your documents. You may visit the local DHL office 24 hours after receiving the notification to pick-up your passport. The DHL office is located at 50 Cummings St, Alberttown, Georgetown.
Q: What proof of identity do I need to pick-up my documents from DHL?
A: Applicants retrieving their personal documents must prove their identity with any of the following forms of documentation:
- National Identification card (with photo)
- Official driver’s license (with photo)
- Birth Certificate (only for minors under 18 years old)
Q: I am picking up the visa for my minor child. What will I need to present to DHL for them to release the documents?
A: Parents retrieving documents for their children must provide proof of their relationship by presenting the following documents:
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate or adoption decree, with at least one of the parent’s full legal name displayed on the document.
- The parent must prove their identity by presenting one of the documents listed in item #2 with a matching name on the child’s birth certificate or adoption decree.
Q: I am unable to visit the DHL office, can I authorize a third party to pick-up my passport and visa?
A: Adult applicants may authorize a third party to retrieve their passport documents. The third party must present the following documents:
- An applicant signed letter of authorization that contains the third party’s full legal name. The letter of authorization must be signed by a Justice of the Peace or a Notarized Power of Attorney.
- A photocopy of one of the applicant’s identification documents listed in item #2.
- The third party must also identify themselves with one of the documents listed in item #2. The name on the identification must match the name on the authorization letter.
Q: I received instructions from the Consular Section to submit additional documents in connection to my visa application. How do I do this?
A: If your application was refused pending additional documents, you will receive instructions to send the required documents via DHL courier service. To send the documents to the Consular Section free of charge, please log into your registered account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ to print the Courier-in Authorization Certificate. Once you have the certificate, you may take your documents to the DHL office at 50 Cummings St, Alberttown, Georgetown for them to deliver it to the Embassy.
Q: I still have questions about this process. Who should I contact for further assistance?
A: If you have questions about the courier service, please contact our call center on toll-free telephone numbers: 0011-877-246-6788 (GTT) or 0011-800-759-6504 (Digicel) or you may email: email@example.com.
“Ask the Consul” is a monthly column from the U.S. Embassy answering questions about U.S. immigration law and visa issues. Detailed information about visas and travel can be viewed at https://gy.usembassy.gov/, https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ and https://travel.state.gov/. Applicants are strongly encouraged to prepare their own documents and avoid third-party advice. U.S. Consular rules change frequently, and non-US government advisors often provide inadequate or inaccurate information. Please contact our Visa Information Service Center on toll free numbers: 1-877-246-6788 or 703-988-5765 if you have general visa questions.